How to Stop Pop-Ups in chrome:
Being an internet surfer, I don’t like to have pop-ups in Chrome and I always wanted to stop pop-ups in chrome.
In order to give a better surfing experience, Google did a great job of allowing you to control popup windows in its Chrome browser. It is to be noted that this guide is more about “How to stop pop-ups in Chrome.”
Through following Google Chrome tips, you can surely have full control over unwanted advertisements and pop-ups, you may not like to watch. Through this guide, you can stop ads from Chrome at any time.
Here I am going to present to you a common method to stop pop-up windows in Google Chrome. The list will show you how to block ads from chrome using malware scans along with the creation of an exception list.
Let us get started with settings. Enter chrome://settings/help. Make sure, your Google Chrome Browser is up to date. Further, the Chrome 78 versions provide a lot of control options to stop pop-ups in Chrome.
So, you can easily block whatever you want. Let me tell you about different actions that can help you in maintaining pop up blocking in Google Chrome:
- Click on the “Settings” from the Chrome menu
- Enter “Pop” in search settings
- Then click on “Site Settings”
- Scroll down to “Pop-ups and redirects”
- Then Toggle the Pop-ups option either to Blocked (recommended) or Allowed
How To Enable Chrome’s Pop-Up Blocking Feature:
- In the upper-right corner of Chrome, hit the menu icon and then click Settings.
- In the Search Settings field, enter “Pop”
- Hit the “Site Settings”
- Scroll down and Click on “Pop-Ups and redirects”
- Mess with Toggle options and it should be Blocked (recommended).
- If it is Allowed then Click on Toggle option
Filter out Approved Sites’ list:
- Follow the above steps
- Scroll down and look for “Allow” then click on three dots icon.
- Then select “Remove”
- Repeat above mentioned Steps accordingly.
Now it’s Time to Scan For Malware:
- Head to Google and search for a reliable antivirus program like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The reason I am asking you to install a reliable Anti Malware because most of the time, websites are not sponsoring pop-ups. One of the reasons behind sluggish pop-ups might be an annoying software that causes unwanted ads on Chrome. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and install it.
- After the setup finishes, run a full system scan in Safe Mode. Let us say, if you cannot find anything then you need to go with another malware software such as Avast.
Uninstall/Remove Annoying Software from your PC:
- Follow the conventional method to uninstall a program. Go to Control Panel and then select “Add/Remove a Program” OR “Uninstall a Program”
- Then you will have a new window with a list of programs that are currently installed on your PC. All those apps might comes with software or application you installed on your PC and those apps might be a cause of sluggish ads before you. So try removing all those apps, you do not know what they are for.
Note: If you are unaware of the functionality of particular software then I do suggest you not mess with that application as that might cause a big problem for you.