Unlike various other electronic devices, when the Kindle’s battery gets very low, it does not shut it off automatically.
Rather than being in screen saver mode, it will switch to a screen that reads “Critical Battery. Your battery is empty.
To continue using your Kindle, connect to a power source.” Plug the Kindle to a power source immediately after the message is being displayed.
After which, Kindle won’t be able to work even if you plugged in power source. Just follow these steps to revive your Kindle’s battery:
- Connect your device into Kindle A/C adapter and charge it for a few hours. Keep it sure that charging light is lit. Sometimes the drained kindle halts charging after few seconds. Just, unplug and re-plug until the charging light lightens ups.
- If “Critical Battery” screen is displayed, just unplug the USB cord and then just power slide to right for 20 seconds.
- Release power slide and immediately press and hold Home Key for 30 – 45 seconds.
- Release the Home Key, Once Kindle’s screen gets flashed. The eReader will boot to recovery mode. Press and hold R key to continue until the screen get flashed again.
- Once the device reboots, you may see the Critical Battery message. If so, connect the USB cord and wait for the Kindle to return to Home Screen.
SEE ALSO: Acer Spin 1 Review
If still, you are unable to revive the battery, just contact Kindle Customer service. Usually, Amazon will replace the eReader for free.